0.7 FTE Dunedin
0.5 FTE Invercargill
WellSouth has the aim of improving health outcomes for people in the Southern district.
We deliver an innovative “whole of system” approach to reduce the incidences of falls and fractures for over 65s in our region.
This is a nationally lead evidence based system approach with a long term sustainability and local integrated approaches to falls prevention. Due to the success and increase in demand for our service we have the following vacancies to recruit to.
If you would like to be part of this service we are looking to a employ Falls Prevention Coordinators in our Dunedin and Invercargill offices. Ideally we are looking to employ Allied Health staff however we will consider applications from Registered Nurses with experience in the primary area of falls prevention. If you are comfortable with seeing patients in their own home and have an interest in service development and delivery of education sessions then please apply.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a proven track record of working closely with primary and secondary care clinicians and community groups.
- Have the ability to deliver strength and balance exercise programmes and other identified interventions to our elderly population.
- Be part of an integrated system-wide falls prevention strategy to reduce falls, fractures, and harm from falls for older people.
- Be able to increase confidence in living independently and reduce fear of falling for our elderly population
- Increase the understanding of the value of preventing falls and fractures for health providers and others.
A copy of the job description is available below:
Enquiries and applications are to be directed to Human Resources 0800 477 115, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must include a CV, letter of application and the application form.
Applications close 5pm Monday 7 January 2018