Up to 1.0 FTE
Do you believe in whānau-centred care?
Do you want to have a positive impact on Māori and Pacific health?
As an Outreach Nurse your primary objective will be to work with whānau to support their engagement with primary health services.
You will mainly be working in the community, including patients’ homes in the wider Otago area encompassing Dunedin, Balclutha and Oamaru.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Initiate meaningful connections that enable our hard to reach population access appropriate primary health care
- Have proven strong relationship and interpersonal skills. The ability to quickly develop a rapport with whānau and to genuinely care about their health. Have empathy and sensitivity with the ability to listen and quickly read and respond to the situation
- Have 3-4 years’ experience in a similar role and the ability to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds, with an emphasis on our Māori and pacific population, lower socio-economic groups as well as our migrant community
- Have key skills and knowledge in health screening areas, for example, smear taking; cardiovascular disease assessment; long term conditions management as well as an authorised vaccinator
- Be a Registered Nurse, experienced in primary/community care and with a current practising certificate and a clean driver’s licence
- Facilitate engagement with General Practice teams and other primary health care providers.
A strong commitment to working as part of a supportive team and on autonomous projects will be crucial to success. On occasion you may be required to work non-standard hours and travel within the region.
A copy of the job description is available below
Enquiries and applications are to be directed to Human Resources phone 0800 477 115, email email@example.com.
Applications must include a CV, letter of application and the application form.
Applications close 5pm Monday 9 December 2019